Profiterols with Coffee Rum Sauce: The Puffs
- 1 cup butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 8 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium-sized, sauce pan. Add salt and butter and stir until the butter has melted. Reduce the heat.
- Add the flour and beat the mixture until it comes away from the sides of the pan and forms a smooth ball in the center.
- Remove from heat and add eggs, one at a time, beating well. Using a dessert spoon, shape the puffs and place them on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Remove puffs from the oven and let cool. Slice off the top of each puff and fill the cavity with cream.
- Arrange puffs in the shape of a pyramid. Pour Coffee Rum Sauce over them and serve.
- Serves 8