Almond Coffee Cream
- 2 teaspoons coffee, finely ground to a powder
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- low-calorie sugar substitute (equal to 1/4 cup sugar)
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 4 ounces nondairy whipped topping, thawed
- Dissolve coffee in milk and set aside.
- Add the salt to the egg whites and beat until foamy. Gradually add
the sugar substitute and continue to beat until the mixture forms
stiff, shiny peaks. Blend in the coffee/milk mixture, almond extract,
and chopped almonds. Fold in the dietetic topping.
- Spoon into individual parfait glasses. Garnish with additional
chopped almonds if desired. Freeze until firm.
- Serves 6